Workers compensation is one of the oldest forms of insurance, and was designed to help employees receive proper financial compensation, proper medical treatment, and the other benefits they may need in the case they suffer a workplace injury or illness. Workers compensation is set up as a no fault system, meaning employees will be able to receive benefits no matter the fault for the accident. Because of this, employees cannot sue employers for any injury or illnes damages suffered as a cause of the accident. Chrysalis Insurance Agency has workers compensation insurance plans for the many Florida businesses located throughout Palm Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, St. Petersburg, Jacksonville, Orlando, Pensacola, and the entire state.
What is Workers Compensation Insurance?
Generally, workers compensation insurance will cover:
- Lost income
- Medical care needed due to work-related injuries or illnesses
- Vocational rehab
- Permanent injury compensation
- Death benefits
Regulated on a state level, workers compensation insurance requirements, premiums, and coverages tend to vary from state to state. Chrysalis Insurance Agency’s experienced agents have a thorough understanding of Florida workers compensation requirements, and work closely with you and your business to understand your individual needs and determine the best workers compensation solution for your company.
Why Do I Need Workers Compensation Insurance?
Employers in Florida are required to provide workers compensation insurance for employees. There are very few exceptions to this law.
- Construction Industry: If there is one or more employees, including the owner, you are required to have workers comp insurance
- Non-Construction Industry: If there are four or more employees, including the owner, you must have workers compensation insurance
- Agricultural Industry: Companies with six or more regular employees, and/or twelve seasonal workers who work more than 30 days in a season but no more than 45 total days in a calendar year, must have workers compensation insurance
- Out of State Employers: Must notify insurance carrier they are performing services or work in Florida. If there is no insurance, this out of state employer must obtain a Florida Workers Compensation insurance policy with a Florida approved carrier such as Chrysalis Insurance Agency.
Remember, you should take the time to completely understand both your workers compensation policy as well as your obligations as a Florida employer. Incidents in the workplace often have a significant impact on employees’ lives. Chrysalis Insurance Agency not only provides workers compensation insurance policies at great prices, we also ensure you thoroughly understand that policy and the obligations it bestows on you.
Fully evaluating your business and loss history prior to a quote for any insurance takes time. We work as fast as we possibly can to provide you with that quote, but it is important that you review your workers compensation policy at least several months prior to it expiring. This gives adequate time for you to fully review your existing coverages, as well determine what needs you will have in the future.
Get a Free Workers Compensation Insurance Quote
Here are Chrysalis Insurance Agency, we offer essential business insurance solutions, including workers compensation policies, to businesses throughout Palm Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, St. Petersburg, Jacksonville, Orlando, and Pensacola. For more information on workers compensation insurance in Florida or to get a free quote, contact us at (714) 464-8080 or click the link below and fill out the form today!